Eye See Vision Care works with both Clear Advantage Vision Correction Center of Portsmouth, NH and Spindel Eye Associates of Derry, NH in the co-management of LASIK patient care. We provide pre-operative and post-operative care that is both professional, convenient, and cost effective.
LASIK (short for LASer In-situ Keratomileusis) is a common form of surgery performed by an Ophthalmologist to correct visual problems. The Ophthalmologist makes a small incision in the eye, using a laser or blade, and then uses a separate laser to reshape the cornea. LASIK can correct nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism.
If you’re considering LASIK, meet with us to see whether or not you would be a candidate. One of our highly trained eye doctors can answer all of your questions and help you decide if LASIK is right for you.
Factors To Consider
There are many factors to consider when deciding whether or not you would be a good candidate for LASIK, including:
- Age – You should be at least 18 years old before undergoing LASIK surgery to ensure that your eyes have finished developing and will not change shape later on.
- Vision Stability – Your vision should remain the same for at least 1 year prior to LASIK surgery. Our doctors can look back at your previous records to determine this.
- Occupation – Some employers do not recommend, or even prohibit, undergoing LASIK surgery. If you are unsure, consult with your employer first.
- Eye Health – If you have had eye diseases in the past, they may affect your ability to undergo LASIK surgery.
- Overall Health – If you are pregnant, nursing, have experienced surgery complications in the past, or suffer from auto-immune diseases that affect your ability to heal, you face serious complications if you undergo LASIK surgery.
- Risk – LASIK, like any surgery, carries risks of complications. It is important to do your research and become well informed before undergoing LASIK surgery. We can help to inform you of many of these risks of complications.
Contact us to schedule your evaluation with one of our experienced, professional doctors today.